HP Expands Testing for Mobile and Cloud-based Application Delivery
HP today announced new offerings to accelerate mobile and cloud-based testing and improve user experience while increasing cost savings and quality for the delivery of business-critical applications and services.
To help organizations drive quality, performance and velocity into their mobile, cloud, hybrid and traditional applications, HP is unveiling new versions of the products within its HP Application Lifecycle Management portfolio. The new software offerings help enterprises improve planning and development, shrink testing costs and speed the delivery of applications while continuously reducing potential business disruptions.
Ease of use, quality and performance are at the forefront of today’s global enterprise applications since poor user experience can quickly and directly impact brand perception and the financial bottom line. HP’s enhanced offerings are the foundation for delivering quality digital content, innovative applications and reliable services to the “anywhere, anytime” world.
Performance testing from the cloud
To help improve continuous performance testing for capacity, scalability and reliability, HP is introducing HP LoadRunner 12 and HP Performance Center 12 with new cloud testing capabilities designed to help organizations:
• Increase cost savings with instant access to large-scale load-generation capabilities in the cloud. Enterprises can scale performance-testing resources on flexible cloud platforms based on business and geographic demands.
• Shrink overhead through an integrated management environment that automates provisioning of load generators in the cloud across geographically dispersed teams while maintaining security and control.
• Reduce business disruptions by focusing testing efforts and improving test results with enhanced DevOps capabilities for an end-to-end performance application life cycle. This is achieved through continuous integration with developer tools such as Jenkins and integration with production monitoring tools such as Google Analytics.
• Detect and remediate performance issues before they become costly to the organization by integrating load testing earlier in the Agile development life cycle.
“At British Sky Broadcasting, customer experience is fundamental to delivering the expansive entertainment and technology services we offer, making quality and performance imperative for speeding innovation and business growth,” said Colin Griffiths, Platform Performance Engineer Team, British Sky Broadcasting. “With HP Performance Center, using new enhancements including REST API support, we can now continuously integrate performance testing across development and Agile teams to deliver superior content and services that continue to excite our customers and scale based on demand.”
Expand mobile application testing
HP’s new functional and performance testing products are designed to help enterprises embrace mobile testing by enabling faster delivery of engaging applications without jeopardizing quality. The enhanced offerings let organizations:
• Run field tests on mobile devices to extend quality assurance to offline scenarios. A new suite of mobile applications built on the HP Anywhere Enterprise Mobility Platform enable access to test scripts and allow test results and defects to be easily uploaded into HP Application Lifecycle Management and HP Quality Center Enterprise while the tester is on the go.
• Empower testers to manually test mobile applications faster and eliminate defects that impact mobile application functionality more efficiently with HP Sprinter for Mobile.
• Improve the accuracy and reliability of performance testing with enhancements to Shunra Network Virtualization for HP Software to emulate real-world network conditions, which is vital for enabling a quality user experiences.
• Remove delays and constraints that impede fast-moving mobile application delivery teams by identifying potential performance issues early with HP Service Virtualization 3.5. By integrating service and network virtualization on the same platform, teams can test the behavior of virtual services on realistic network conditions.
Enrich the user experience to deliver quality applications
To help organizations successfully deliver the experiences their employees, customers and partners expect, HP offers HP Application Lifecycle Management 12 and HP Quality Center Enterprise 12, which now deliver:
• A simplified and intuitive user interface (UI) design accessible across browsers and mobile devices, helping IT organizations become more effective and efficient at delivering business-critical applications.
• New requirements definition and management features provide a comprehensive Word-like authoring environment with full traceability throughout the application life cycle. Integration with HP Agile Manager enables critical alignment between business requirements definition and Agile development processes.
HP Unified Functional Testing 12 helps IT organizations adopt and apply functional test automation more efficiently to meet the quality needs of distributed and Agile teams by:
• Eliminating potential errors by integrating quality assurance earlier into application development. Extended support for technologies including Safari, and API testing enhancements enable quicker release cycles.
• Reducing costs by simplifying test automation with HP Business Process Testing 12 embedded in the UI. This enables users to create automated tests that can be instantly transformed into reusable business components directly from the same application.
• Test more efficiently and continuously with direct integrations into HP Application Lifecycle Management and HP Quality Center Enterprise for enterprise test management and continuous integration solutions.
“Ciber drives real-world results for our clients’ strategic IT initiatives by helping them get the most out of their investments,” said Brian Haskett, vice president, Ciber. “With HP ALM 12, we serve more clients, more efficiently with new features that enable traceability for complete application life cycle management and improved business requirements integration for better visibility into quality assurance and development activities.”
“Mobility and cloud challenge organizations to balance time-to-market demands while delivering engaging user experiences that separate them from the competition,” said Amit Chatterjee, Country Director, HP Software, HP India. “By integrating performance and functional testing capabilities earlier into the application life cycle, HP empowers organizations to deliver the innovative mobile, cloud and hybrid software applications that are the engines of business growth with unprecedented velocity and uncompromised quality.”
HP’s software solutions help protect IT investments in quality and testing while empowering development and testing teams to deliver applications that are intuitive and provide the experience expected by today’s modern user. To accelerate adoption of the new solutions, HP offers a full set of professional services, on-premises or Software as a Service (SaaS)–based delivery models, an extensible community with HP LiveNetwork and educational services via the HP Adoption Readiness Tool.