CommScope’s Data Center on Demand goes beyond standard modular solution
Speed and agility can make or break a business, especially in managing the enormous amounts of critical data that traverse an enterprise network. CommScope, Inc., a global leader in infrastructure solutions for communications networks, steps up to that challenge with its new Data Center on Demand™ solution, which provides a flexible, highly efficient, purpose-built alternative to the traditional brick and mortar data center.
With the unprecedented pace of technological evolution and the continuous need to drive down costs, many organizations are looking to reduce their total cost of ownership and simplify operational management by deploying a pay-as-you-grow data center solution. With numerous available options, Data Center on Demand offers customers a tailored approach to addressing the needs of today while providing the flexibility to adapt with the business needs of tomorrow.
“Enterprises are dealing with a continual data deluge and have to find ways to expand their capacity quickly and efficiently,” said Kevin St Cyr, senior vice president, Enterprise Solutions, CommScope. “Some are up against the wall when it comes to physical space or available power and Data Center on Demand gives them a viable solution to expand quickly and easily with industry proven technology.”
Data Center on Demand features a full range of available data center options for organizations implementing an initial data center or adding to an existing facility. The solution offers capabilities and customer benefits including:
- Proven technology based on systems operating in extreme climates for more than six years
- Scalable solutions from one to thousands of racks without disruption
- Proven annual average data center power usage effectiveness (PUE) as low as 1.03 to 1.06 (industry PUEs typically range from 1.8 to 2.9)
- Standardized repeatable designs that reduce complexity and shorten planning and deployment time
- Customizable configuration, with off-the-shelf components supporting multiple TIER levels, security, fire and core infrastructure
- Pre-integration with CommScope iTRACS data center infrastructure management (DCIM)
- Integration with CommScope industry leading infrastructure solutions
- All solutions backed by industry leading data center architects, engineers, and a global partner services program
“This is more than just a traditional modular data center offering,” said St Cyr. “It is not just a shipping container with servers. It is designed specifically with the same usability and ease of access to IT equipment as a traditional data center, but with lower up front and operating costs.”
Data Center on Demand is globally available to CommScope customers and is supported through CommScope’s extensive PartnerPRO™ Network.