Brocade has announced an addition to the company’s campus networking portfolio with the Brocade ICX 6450-C Switch, which delivers enterprise-class features in a compact form, and supports the simplification and automation provided by the Brocade HyperEdge Architecture. Executing on the company’s strategy to deliver innovation for specific customer segments, the Brocade ICX 6450-C is designed for the unique and stringent requirements of US Federal agencies and public sector organizations.
The Brocade ICX 6450-C further expands the company’s comprehensive core-to-edge switch portfolio, a key factor in the recent announcement with Aruba to deliver secure integrated wired and wireless mobility solutions for enterprise and public sector customers based on open standards and Software-Defined Networking (SDN) principles. This integrated solution enables Federal agencies to deploy a secure, modern, enterprise network that is simple to maintain and responsive to the evolving needs of war fighter and civilian missions through operational efficiency and optimal total cost of ownership (TCO).
Features of Brocade ICX 6450-C:
- Enterprise-class networking switch in a compact form factor
- Small, fan-less and completely silent.
- Can be deployed outside the wiring closet without interfering with work activity in areas.
- Runs the same software as the rest of the Brocade ICX and Brocade FCX switch families.
- Enterprise-class CLI and management features for full functionality, enabling advanced management through Brocade Network Advisor.
- With Layer 3 and GRE tunnel support, a fan-less design and Power over Ethernet (PoE), the switch can be easy deployed in work environments or remote locations.
- Designed and optimized for the stringent requirements of US Federal agencies
- MACsec-ready for improved security to protect sensitive information moving across networks.
- Manufactured in the US to meet federal regulations.
- In process to receive the Joint Interoperability Test Command Approved Product List (JITC APL) Certification, joining the rest of the Brocade ICX switch family.
- Other technical specifications:
- 12 × 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports
- 4 × 1 GbE Uplinks (2x RJ45 + 2x SFP)
- 4 × PoE/PoE+ ports
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) hardware-ready
- sFlow-enabled for high-performance network monitoring