A10 Networks Inc., the technology leader in Application Networking has announced its new entry-level A10 ThunderTM Series, extending its family of Unified Application Service Gateways (UASGs) to small/medium business and enterprise customers.
Joining the award winning, high-end Thunder 6430(S) and 5430S are the new Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930, which expand the line of next-generation Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs). All are compact 1 rack-unit (RU) appliances that provide advanced functionality by consolidating premium, all-inclusive application services in a single and easy to manage platform.
“Our new Thunder models extend the expansive benefits of our Unified Application Service Gateway family to the entry-level and mid-range markets,” said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO of A10 Networks. “With the new Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930 UASGs, customers receive additional value to optimize and scale their existing infrastructure, reduce latency and cost through device consolidation, and increase management efficiency.”
Today’s networks are increasingly complex with many disparate systems that increase latency, complexity and cost. Built on A10′s scalable and flexible Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) architecture, all A10 Thunder UASGs integrate the following modules to provide the most effective solution.
- Application Delivery: Combines next-generation Application Delivery Controller (ADC) and Server Load Balancing (SLB) functionality for optimization and acceleration, full Layer 4-7 support, scalability and availability. Additional advanced modules include Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) and Application Delivery Partitions (ADPs) for multi-tenancy through virtualization to enable more applications and more services.
- Security: Integrates home-grown services including a Web Application Firewall (WAF) for website protection, DNS Application Firewall (DAF) for DNS infrastructure protection, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection for next-generation attack mitigation, SSL Intercept (SI) to inspect encrypted traffic and Application Access Management (AAM) for pre-authentication.
- Cloud, Software-defined Networking (SDN) and Next Gen Networking: Adds modern data center solutions such as aCloud with billing options for pay-as-you go/grow, SDN solutions including integration with vendors such as NEC for dynamic scaling with Layer 4-7 intelligence for OpenFlow Controllers, Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT) for IPv4 preservation, and IPv6 solutions including multiple advanced migration options.
The Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930 include up to 30 percent more capacity, 500 percent more SSL performance and improved hardware, including 10 Gb port connectivity standard on all models, to run more services while increasing capacity for application intelligence and service offload. Increased capacity delivers the ability to offload multiple networking and security tasks. Customers can optimize networks, extend the lifetime of their existing devices, and reduce point solutions for device consolidation and significant CAPEX and OPEX savings. Higher 2048-bit key SSL performance enables customers to run highly secure encrypted sessions pervasively with more applications.
All new entry-level Thunder appliances include an Intel Ivy Bridge Xeon CPU, solid-state drive (SSD), hot-swap smart fans and 80 Plus “Platinum” efficiency (best-in-class) power supplies. The Thunder 3030S and 1030S also include Lights-out Management (LOM).
A10 Thunder 3030S, 1030S and 930′s optimized design delivers the following benefits that lead the Application Networking industry:
- Efficient Performance Value
- A10′s scalable ACOS helps reduce the costs to deliver applications to as low as $0.04 per connection without any further costs for features, which is 5x lower than competitors’ similarly priced models.
- Best-in-class hardware and design eliminates down-time. SSDs, no inaccessible moving parts, hot swap smart fans and LOM ensure availability.
- Maximum Uptime
- Green Networking
Highly compact, 1 RU design combined with 80 Plus “Platinum” efficiency power supplies deliver the highest performance per Watt and the lowest overall power usage.